Salford: HMO + Planning

You are here : Member Forums Property Investment Salford: HMO + Planning
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
mohalom
5 Posts
0 Thanks
Salford Council are clearly doing a lot of work to control HMO developments. I intend to purchase a 3 bed house there and convert it into a 4 bed let for professionals / students. It's a minefield, I know.

I'm struggling to get any pre-planning advice from them. They deliberately make their phone system impenetrable. They appear to be blackmailing people into using their new Pre-Planning Service (at a cost of 440+) without which (they say) applications are likely to fail.

Does anyone have any idea of whether Salford are likely to require more than the letter of the law in their planning guidance actually states?

I refuse to pay a planning fee when there would be no need for an application were it not for the Article 4 Direction they appear to have in place and I don't want to be blackmailed into their pre-planning service. I might just have to camp out in their office until someone buckles and speaks to me!!

04/02/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions