Non-payment of rent

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Non-payment of rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi there!
I have a problem that I need help with.
My tenant has not paid any rent for 4 months.
I have a letting agent (Homes Property Services in South Norwood,SE 25) working for me as I am based in Uganda so I thought it a good idea to have somebody in the UK looking after my property. Unfortunately they are not doing their job and they allowed the tenant to go into arrears.
The tenant is on benefits so she receieves the money from the Benefits office. In October I was told by the letting agent that they had been in touch with the benefits office and that the rent would be paid direct to them and then on to me. Last week I was told that the tenant had changed this back. But it was only by emailing the agent that I found out about this. They are not acting very professionally and I am at a loss about what to do.
This isn't the first time I have had problems with this Letting agent They have a nasty habit of withholding the rental money until I physically go to see them and then they pay it.

Can you help?

Kindest regards

Annie Moulden

04/12/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband