Interest on rent arrears

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Interest on rent arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Ms Burney
5 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenants have been in the property for some time now and I started them off on a six month Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement (lawpack agreement) which then moved over to a perodic tenancy, month to month.

They are nowin rent arrears by several months, section 2.12 under the terms and condition satate that late payment of rent after 14 days can be charged at 4% over the base rate and interest to be paid from the date payment fell due until payment.

As yet I haven't charged them any interest because I am not sure how to work this out, does any on have a formula for this?

I also want to start charging them interest now to try an encourage them to ge the rent arrears paid - can I back date this interest on existing retn arrears or do I need to write to them and inform them if the arrears are not paid in 14 days interest will be charged on all late payment from now on?

Thanks

12/10/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband