Recovering rent arrears from LHA tenant or guarantor who has since vacated property.

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Recovering rent arrears from LHA tenant or guarantor who has since vacated property.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
One of my tenants has recently vacated without giving notice. She was also in arrears. The house has been left in a poor state and will need work to clear, clean & redecorate. In total, I estimate that this will have cost me about 2500. As she was on LHA, I don't believe she has any assets worth pursuing. However, Her parents stood as guarantor on the tenancy agreement. While it would be fantastic if I could recover this money, I'm concerned that solicitors fees and court costs will just exacerbate my losses if this was unsuccessfull.
Firstly, what are my chances for a successfull outcome assuming this is a typical case (I know it depends on the guarantors circumstances)? Secondly, is this something that I can pursue down the small claims process?
17/02/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband