SCANDELOUS BEHAVIOUR! MANCHESTER COUNTY COURT!

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears SCANDELOUS BEHAVIOUR! MANCHESTER COUNTY COURT!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jim_465
39 Posts
1 Thanks
For anyone who wants to take the time to read this, here is the dialogue of how pathetic our Manchester County Court System is. Basic story - 3 students and 3 guarantors on a joint and several tenancy agreement. At the end of the tenancy I am owed approximately 4,000.00 in rent arrears alone from two of the tenants. I have been awarded judgment against these two tenants and their guarantors alone. BUT! District Judge Haigh has completely ridiculed joint and several liability by not allowing it to be enforced against one tenant and their guarantor. He basically said that joint and several liability is nothing more than a technicval term and that it is at the judges discretion whether or not to impose it on all parties to a tenancy agreement. I have now had to write yet another a letter of complaint in about the judges conduct in this case and threaten him that unless he awards me joint and sevral liability against all of the tenants that I shall be writing to the Lord Chancellor. The court staff have been apauling the whole system is appauling! I have done nothing wrong and I cannot get my money.

For those of you that can be bothered reading, here is all of the correspondence both from myself and the court.

29/02/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband