Tenancy Arrears

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Tenancy Arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mental
1 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenants are thousands of pounds in arrears. I consulted a solicitor in Februaty, who did not give me good advice. In April I got in touch with a legit, registered debt collecting company, but they started all over again. In the meantime, the arrears were mounting up, as the tenents had just stopped paying the rent. They have offered no reason. Mr is still in the same job on night shift and a shop steward, Mrs still gets disability allowance. The debt company say I shouldn't contact them as it would be harassment. They have been paid 1000 by the tenents, but I have yet to receive monthly rent(perhaps this month?). I think they have the money but are just pulling a fast one. My questions are:
1. Should I present a sec 21 to them even if they pay at the end of this month? It might be easier getting the money if I know where they are.

2. Is it Sec 21 A or 21B? Their tenency runs out in one month.

3. If I don't issue a new tenency agreement, does the old one continue to run until the Section 21 kicks in?

4. Do I still have the right to inspect the proerty? Or is this harassment?

5. Can I give notice of a rent increase in these cicumstances? The coffers are getting low!!!!!!!!!!

6. How does attachment of earnings work?

18/07/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband