Utilitease - Utility Management Solutions
We have partnered with Utilitease to provide our members with a free service for simple utilities switching.
Utilitease will take the relevant information to allow them to handle the change of tenancy process on your behalf. Once received they will deal with the communications to your tenants in relation to their legal responsibility in notifying council, water and energy as well as providing no obligation advice and support on utilities options within their new home. With ongoing support throughout the entire tenancy, they provide a personal and unbiased service to all parties ensuring that the set up and closure of utility services occur as seamlessly as possible.
They can also regularly monitor the tenants' utilities usage and will highlight any better deals to ensure they stay on the best deals at all times.
Additionally, during void periods between lets, Utilitease can arrange to switch energy services within the property to a competitive tariff, with zero exit penalties and the ability to waiver those small void energy bills*. Less time spent on administering energy bills, peace of mind that your property is not paying way over the odds during void periods and a great tariff for your new tenants to inherit whilst they decide who they wish to be supplied by.
How will using Utilitease benefit you and your tenants?
- Free handling of all notifications to utility providers and the local council (Council Tax) for every change of tenancy on your behalf
- Free financial support service if your tenants are struggling financially (including bill reduction and/or referral to Step Change, the government debt management service.
- Reduction of service charges during void periods
- Auditable trail to prove you have taken "reasonable steps" in notifying local authorities
- Single point of contact for you and your tenant when it comes to utilities management
- Ongoing tenant support for any utility issues
- Save time and money whilst delivering an enhanced service to your tenants
- No minimum term contract to work with Utilitease
To use this service you must log in as an RLA Member
Log into your RLA Account
Join the RLA
Get full access to over 120 Documents and Guides
No Guest Access
This content is available to RLA Members only, not Guests.