Agents are placed with a great deal of responsibility from their landlord clients; to effectively manage their investment, protect their asset and build good working relationships. Many agents are aware of the basics of letting, however it is crucial to keep up to date with changes in legislation to avoid potential financial penalties and loss of trust. The last two years have seen significant change in the private rented sector which looks set to continue throughout the next few years.
This course is delivered by a trainer who has over 10 years experience in the property industry, five of which were spent training letting agents and ensuring application of best practice and legal compliance was at the forefront.
This one day course will bring you up to date on case law, legislative changes and ensure you're geared up for what's to come.
For letting agents and property managers only
The below is indicative of content but as a workshop style course content may be tailored to suit the audience:
- Impact of the Tenant Fee Ban and other requirements around permitted and prohibited payments
- Law of Agency, client money protection, redress schemes and good agency practice
- Changes to mandatory HMO definition, minimum room sizes and landlord's obligations to dispose of waste
- Energy performance certificates and exploration of the imposed minimum energy efficiency standards.
- Housing and Planning Act changes including banning orders, rogue landlord database, abandonment procedure, civil penalties, rent repayment orders and changes to electrical safety
- Recent county court cases involving S21 including service of gas safety certificates and service of prescribed information
This course includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Parking and public transport instructions will be provided in your confirmation email once you have booked the course.
16th July 2020
|10:00 - 16:00||Manchester||Book Now|
16th September 2020
|10:00 - 16:00||London||Book Now|
24th September 2020
|10:00 - 16:00||Leeds||Book Now|
14th October 2020
|10:00 - 16:00||Sale, Manchester||Book Now|
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
We are currently planning additional dates for this course. If you would like to be informed when these are arranged, please click here.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 3 basic CPD points with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.