Please note, due to government guidance classroom courses will be postponed, replaced with webinars or eLearning where possible. If you already have a booking, please await further instruction.
from the comfort of your own home.
Becoming a Landlord (eLearning)
Designed for those considering becoming a landlord who would like to find out more about the private rented sector before making the commitment and investment, you will explore the key areas you need to be prepared for before deciding to embark on your journey as a landlord. We look at what you need to consider prior to buying property, how to calculate your income and how to ensure you make a sound investment.
For new landlords and accidental landlords i.e. you've acquired a property you cannot or do not want to sell and therefore need to let out, this course will also be of benefit. You will gain vital knowledge on the legal requirements and obligations to ensure you comply with the many regulations imposed on landlords.
With landlords being vulnerable to heavy penalties for non-compliance it is vital that you fully understand the law and how to follow it.
- To give new and aspiring landlords the underpinning knowledge required to start and grow their business successfully
- To ensure awareness of landlord responsibilities
- To outline the legal requirements for a landlord
- Factors to consider before making a purchase
- Making sound financial judgements
- Calculating yields and returns
- Marketing and finding tenants
- Referencing and Right to Rent requirements
- Letting Agents, their services and choosing a quality company
- Tax planning
- Setting up a tenancy
- Tenancy agreements, deposits
- Landlord responsibilities
- Property safety
- Anyone considering entering the Private Rented Sector
- New landlords
- Accidental landlords
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 2 basic CPD points with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.