from the comfort of your own home.
Foundation Fire Safety (eLearning)
The Grenfell Tower fire in June 2017 left the nation in shock. The loss of life was beyond reason and whilst the public enquiry is underway both social landlords, private landlords and block managers are naturally questioning whether they are doing enough to protect their tenants from fire.
The legislation on fire safety is complex with different buildings/property types being subject to different laws and regulations, this can leave landlords and letting agents confused as to what fire safety precautions they must take.
This eLearning course is designed to give landlords and agents a basic overview of:
- The different legislation relating to fire safety including Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) order 2005, HMO Manager regulations and Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) regulations 2015
- The different building/property types and which pieces of the above legislation apply
- How to conduct fire risk assessments and protect both your tenants and your property from fire
- Practical tips on fire safety and with reference to the LACORS fire safety guide
- This course ensures landlords/agents understand which pieces of fire safety legislation relate to specific property types/buildings and can be used for future reference
- To know when a fire risk assessment is required and an overview of how they should be completed and by whom
- To understand what practical steps are required to protect both property and tenants from fire risk
- This course is essential for all landlords whether they rent property as single dwellings, HMO or blocks.
- All managing and letting agents
- Block managers
If you are looking a more detailed and advanced fire safety course please check out our Complete Fire Safety course.
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 1 basic CPD point with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.