from the comfort of your own home.
Immigration and Right to Rent
This eLearning course gives an overview of UK immigration law and the potential impact of Brexit. It explains the Right to Rent checks in detail to ensure you understand the process to avoid enforcement action. Despite a recent High Court ruling that Right to Rent regulations breach human rights, landlords are still obligated to carry them out.
This eLearning course is designed to explain the complexities of immigration law in a way that landlords and agents will understand. The new criminal penalties have caused consternation amongst some but this course will arm delegates with the knowledge and understanding to perform right to rent checks and stay on the right side of the law.
- Over view of UK immigration law including EEA members and the right to free movement
- Overview of leave to enter/remain in the UK
- S22 Immigration Act 2014 and the 'right to rent' checks
- Indefinite and time limited right to rent
- Document checks and sample documents so landlords know what to look out for
- What landlords need to do to ensure compliance
- Home office assistance and enforcement
- Equality Act and how to avoid discrimination
All landlords and agents.
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 4 basic CPD points with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.