County Court Small Claims Proceedings
Recently the Courts have introduced a PRE ACTION PROTOCOL which has to be followed before you can issue a COUNTY COURT SMALL CLAIM.
This half day course contains the following :-
- An initial letter politely asking for the money owed.
- A more miserable letter setting out the basis of the claim and following the requirements of the PRE ACTION PROTOCOL
- Completion of a small claim form N1 in respect of rent arrears.
- Completion of the ALLOCATION QUESTIONNAIRE that is sent to the claimant if the matter is to lead to a hearing
- Advice on procedure prehearing
- The various methods of enforcement once you have judgment.
- Accelerated Possession Claims ) we prepare a possession claim following the expiry of a S21 notice.
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
We are currently planning additional dates for this course. If you would like to be informed when these are arranged, please click here.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 3 basic CPD points with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.