Landlords Principles of Lettings
If you are letting a property it is crucial to have a legal understanding of the main issues involved. Completing this course will provide the clarification needed for both landlords and agents about the responsibilities and obligations of managing lettings.
The Landlords Principles of Lettings course is designed to guide learners through the complete lettings process from start to end of a tenancy, and covers all aspects of tenancy and property management.
Whether you are creating a tenancy, dealing with rent arrears or ensuring the safety of your property, the RLA's Principles of Lettings course will provide you with the required knowledge to ensure that your tenancies are legally compliant.
Suitable for all, from novice landlords to those with vast portfolios who wish to update their knowledge, the course takes you through the key fundamentals of being a landlord both in relation to your property, and your tenants.
As a requirement for RLAAS accreditation, the course will also include an optional assessment which underpins the day's learning. Upon successfully passing the assessment you will qualify for 5 core CPD points as defined by RLAAS.
- Pre-tenancy including EPCs, tax, insurance and accreditation
- Responsibilities and liabilities of a landlord/letting agent including tenancy agreements, HHSRS, gas safety, HMOs and licensing
- Property standards including HHSRS, repairs, dampness and risk assessments
- Setting up a tenancy including types of tenancy, agreements, deposit and rent setting
- During the tenancy including periodic visits, tenant obligations, entry/refusal and anti-social behaviour
- Ending a tenancy including continuing tenancy, tenant wants to leave, landlord wants tenant to leave, possession and eviction
- You will understand your legal obligations as a landlord throughout the entire lettings process
- You will be confident in knowing what is required to comply with the various obligations you have
- You will be fully aware of the consistent steps you will need to take as you move into each stage of the tenancy lifecycle
This course is suitable for
- New landlords
- Accidental landlords
- Established landlords who wish to refresh their knowledge
- Landlords requiring CPD points for accreditation
- If you are an agent, please see Agents Guide to Lettings
The Principles of Lettings course is designed to meet and follow ANUK standards. Attending the Landlords Principles of Lettings course will give you 5 basic CPD points. However, by successfully completing the assessment these will be upgraded to 5 core CPD points. These core points can be used towards accreditation with RLAAS. A certificate of attendance will be issued to all attendees.
What's the difference between basic and core CPD points? Read RLAAS' guide to CPD points.
This course includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Parking and public transport instructions will be provided in your confirmation email once you have booked the course.
11th February 2020
|09:30 - 16:00||London||Limited Places|
1st April 2020
|09:30 - 16:00||Liverpool||Book Now|
4th June 2020
|09:30 - 16:00||Sale, Manchester||Book Now|
26th August 2020
|09:30 - 16:00||London||Book Now|
10th September 2020
|09:30 - 16:00||Preston||Book Now|
15th October 2020
|09:30 - 16:00||Leeds||Book Now|
10th November 2020
|09:30 - 16:00||Stockport, Manchester||Book Now|
1st December 2020
|09:30 - 16:00||London||Book Now|
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
We are currently planning additional dates for this course. If you would like to be informed when these are arranged, please click here.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 5 core CPD points with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.
Gateshead Landlord Licensing
If you are a Gateshead Landlord and would like to complete the course for licensing purposes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking.