Marketing Your Property
Marketing your lettings may seem a daunting prospect but the benefits are clear; if you can find the right tenant yourself, you will save money and keep control of your valuable asset. This course gives you practical tips on how to present and market your property to maximise interest. It covers how and where to market according to your target audience and the various advertising mediums available.
The Tenant Fees Ban significantly effects how landlords and agents can complete their referencing, with time limits in place for completion. It also places limits on security deposits and holding deposits and failure to adhere to the new rules can lead to hefty fines. The course will provide a full outline of the impact of the ban, enabling landlords to ensure they are compliant.
This course will give you a step-by-step process to follow in order to find tenants and reference them. With all the necessary explanations of the legal requirements alongside practical tips from how to present the property to maximise success, to the finer details of thorough referencing. This course is designed to arm landlords with the confidence to find their own tenants and manage their own investment.
- The advantages of self-marketing and dispelling fears.
- Understanding your target market.
- How to value your rental property and price yourself correctly in the market.
- Understand the Tenant Fees Ban, prohibited payments, permitted payments, default fees and the restrictions on security and holding deposits.
- Preparing your property for market; from ensuring you've covered all the necessary legal requirements to how best to present your property.
- Property particulars - what to include in adverts from descriptions to visuals.
- How to promote your property and create tenant demand; with tips on the various advertising means from portals to social media.
- Handling enquiries and conducting viewings in a way that increases tenant applications.
- Referencing prospective tenants and securing the right person.
All landlords and agents who are new to the market or who want to refresh their knowledge.
15th October 2019
|10:00 - 16:00||Manchester||Book Now|
21st November 2019
|10:00 - 16:00||London||Book Now|
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
We are currently planning additional dates for this course. If you would like to be informed when these are arranged, please click here.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 3 basic CPD points with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.