Marketing Your Lettings
Are you aware that tenants can 'unwind the contract' and ask for rebates of rent if you've mislead them in your marketing materials? Do your property adverts comply with the latest industry guidance?
Marketing your lettings may seem a daunting prospect but the benefits are clear; if you can find the right tenant yourself you can save money and keep control of your valuable asset. This workshop gives you practical tips and exercises whilst also updating you on the latest industry guidance and legislation to ensure your marketing complies.
This course is delivered by a successful landlord who for 11yrs has successfully self-managed her own portfolio and now runs her own letting agency, with experience of advertising, finding and referencing tenants in numerous markets. As an experienced trainer and author of several published articles for the Citizens Advice Bureau, she has plenty of anecdotal scenarios to bring to the course.
This course will give you a step-by-step process to follow in order to find tenants and reference them. With all the necessary explanations of the legal requirements alongside practical tips from how to present the property to maximise success, to the ins and outs of thorough referencing. This course is designed to arm landlords with the confidence to find their own tenants and manage their own investment.
All landlords, and agents who are new to the market or who want to refresh their knowledge.
- The advantages of self-marketing and dispelling fears
- Understanding your target market
- How to value your rental property and price yourself correctly in the market including charging fees
- Preparing your property for market; from ensuring you've covered all the necessary legal requirements to how best to present your property
- Property particulars - what to include in adverts from descriptions to visuals
- How to promote your property and create tenant demand; with tips on the various advertising means from the traditional mediums such as newspaper adverts to social media
- Handling enquiries and conducting viewings in a way that increases tenant applications
- Referencing prospective tenants and securing the right person
|10:00 - 16:30||Manchester
Original price: £138 for members, £159 for non-members. 17% off this course date - expires 13/3/17
|10:00 - 16:30||London
Original price: £143 for members, £164 for non-members. 17% off this course date - expires 13/3/17
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
We are currently planning additional dates for this course. If you would like to be informed when these are arranged, please click here.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 3 basic CPD points with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.