from the comfort of your own home.
Principles of Lettings (online)
This online course covers all aspects of tenancy and property management and is broken down into simple sections, each containing interactive tests, quizzes and a test, which on successful completion, will earn you a certificate to prove you have successfully completed the course. This course provides vital core CPD points required by the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme (RLAAS) and is recognised by other schemes.
The course covers the following topics:
- Pre-tenancy - preparing the property for renting, and details the checks that need to be carried out.
- Setting up a tenancy - this covers the different kinds of tenancies, and also goes through pre-tenancy actions such as protecting a deposit.
- Landlord repairing obligations and Health & Safety issues - this includes HHSRS, and fire, gas and electrical safety, and other safety requirements as well as your repairing obligations.
- During the tenancy - how to deal with problems which may occur during the tenancy.
- Ending a tenancy - this section covers the correct way to end a tenancy, including an explanation of the different notices and how to avoid claims of harassment and illegal eviction.
This course aims to explain the landlord's obligations and requirements in relation to their tenants, properties and any agents they use. The course takes you on a journey through pre, during and post-tenancy scenarios.
It's designed to meet and follow ANUK standards. This course will give you 5 basic CPD points. However, by successfully completing the assessments your points will be upgraded to 5 core CPD points. These core points can be used towards accreditation with RLAAS.
What's the difference between basic and core CPD points? Read RLAAS' guide to CPD points.
training and membership package
Join the RLA today and get this online course in addition to your first year of RLA Membership from £119.95 - Saving £20.00!
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 5 core CPD points with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.