The Key to Property Investment
Finding a credible course on property investment can be hard to achieve with so many suggesting it is incredibly easy money. Utilising the right analytical and buying skills provides strong foundations for your business by creating instant equity. This course teaches how you can build those foundations by buying below true, and (real) market value. This process doesn't involve buying via estate agents, auctions, searching online or the usual BMV type offers, which are often misleading. We will consider the importance of Property Intelligence - where and how to find credible data, enabling better decisions, accurate valuations, and improved deal evaluation. In addition, we consider the future rental market and significant structural changes, plus the growth of 'Build to Rent' and 'Generation Z' and how you can plan and hedge your property risks through economic cycles.
The course provides live case studies and is presented by an highly skilled developer and HMO landlord with nearing 30 years of experience. He will provide insight into his property investment model which generates surplus cash-flows after all costs on a typical 70% capital and interest mortgage, without high tenant turnover.
This course will cover the following topics:
- How to find property not on the open market and how to buy below true and real market value often used by the large house builders.
- Tips to find accurate market intelligence, and to value buildings and land and better analyse and 'number crunch' deals, without being proficient with numbers.
- The art of 'creating your own deals', plus property negotiation tactics, and why so many, even successful business people, often get it wrong.
- How and where to find Capital Appreciation - the areas where affordability is still high, relative to earnings.
- Tenant retention, refurbishments, interiors, layouts, furnishing choices, reducing maintenance, and moving beyond yield based valuations to 'life of the building' return analysis.
- Marketing, advert writing, and creating a brand and giving your property 'wow' factor on budget.
- To show with the right property investment business model, you can achieve surplus cash flows, whilst creating equity in every property.
- To improve tenant retention and professionalise sourcing, refurbishments, deal evaluation, valuations, and marketing
- To advise on a buying method (via case studies) allowing purchasing below market value, and lower than auction prices.
This course is suitable for
New and potential landlords who may be considering investing in property and existing landlords who wants to increase profits and achieve positive cash-flows based on a typical 70% loan-to-value mortgage.
24th April 2019
|09:30 - 17:00||Manchester
Extra places added due to high demand!
3rd July 2019
|09:30 - 16:30||London||Book Now|
Continuous Professional Development
Remember that Continuous Professional Development points (CPD) apply to RLA courses. You can also get CPD points for being a member of the Residential Landlords Association.
We are currently planning additional dates for this course. If you would like to be informed when these are arranged, please click here.
Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
This course is worth 4 basic CPD points with the Residential Landlords Association Accreditation Scheme
RLAAS is a national scheme who aim to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards and management practice by owners and to assist owners and tenants to undertake their respective responsibilities to each other.
RLAAS is open to all landlords who operate in the private sector, and accreditation is FREE. Members of RLAAS also receive a discount when enroling for a course operated by the Residential Landlord's Association.
To find out more, and what RLAAS means to landlords and tenants across the country, visit the RLAAS website.