General Data Protection for landlords and agents
As of May 25th 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation forms the new standard by which landlords and agents deal with personal information about their tenants and clients. It replaces the Data Protection Act and introduces many of significant changes to the way you should be processing personal information. It also introduces new obligations on landlords and agents in respect of displaying to tenants and clients how their information will be dealt with.
The intention of this guide is to help prepare landlords and agents for these changes by explaining exactly what they need to do for their business. This is a time consuming process, and the RLA has also produced a number of sample documents, such as a comprehensive privacy notice, to make complying with the easier for landlords.
The rest of this guide is exclusive content for people who have registered their details on our website. It contains guidance relating to:
- Landlords' and agents' legal requirements relating to GDPR
- How to perform a Data Audit or Data Map
- An explanation of the lawful bases for processing data
- Using consent as a lawful basis of data processing
- How to prepare a privacy notice
- How to evaluate and update your own data protection policy
- Ensuring data processors are compliant
- The rights of data subjects
Members and Guests Only
Login to access this guide.
Log into your RLA Account
Join the RLA
Get full access to over 130 Documents and Guides
Enter as a Guest
Get reduced access to some Documents and Guides.