Gas Safety Guide for Landlords
One of the key responsibilities for landlords renting a property is ensuring their property is safe to live in. One of the most important things in this is ensuring the property is gas safe. Landlords have a number of responsibilities in this area and this guide is designed to help landlords understand their responsibilities, the potential penalties for non-compliance, and some practical guidance on performing their duties as a landlord.
The rest of this guide is exclusive content for people who have registered their details on our website. It provides landlords with guidance in respect of:
- Landlord responsibilities
- Tenant responsibilities
- Enforcement authorities for gas safety and the penalties for not complying
- Gas safety guidance for HMO properties
- How to legally access the property for gas safety inspections, and what to do if you cannot gain access.
- When, and how, to obtain a gas safety certificate
- What to do if there is a gas safety risk at your property
Members and Guests Only
Login to access this guide.
Log into your RLA Account
Join the RLA
Get full access to over 130 Documents and Guides
Enter as a Guest
Get reduced access to some Documents and Guides.