Self-assessment tax guide
Where does the time go? It was not long ago we were enjoying the summer sun, and then all of a sudden another tax return deadline comes speeding towards us. For new landlords, the whole self assessment tax system can appear rather baffling at first glance. This is perhaps emphasised by the sheer level of landlords caught out by the Let Property Campaign with past undeclared profits. Nevertheless, whilst tax legislation is vast, this self assessment tax return guide by RITA4Rent is a useful introduction and sets out to advise landlords on the basics of the self assessment tax system, helping them to navigate their way in the most simplest way.
The guide explores:
- What exactly is a self assessment tax return
- How to register for self assessment
- Who needs to fill in a tax return, and when
- What type of income is reported
- Interactions with PAYE coding notices
- Payments on account, and whether these are applicable to you
- Expenses which may be claimed to help you save tax
- Record keeping
- Capital Gains Tax on sale of your investment property
- Overview of recent tax changes
Not an RLA member? Sign-up for free Guest Membership today and download this self assessment tax guide straight away.
Members and Guests Only
Login to view this Guides.
Log into your RLA Account
Join the RLA
Get full access to over 120 Documents and Guides
Enter as a Guest
Get reduced access to some Documents and Guides.